Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY bulletin board

I love DIY projects. Especially easy  DIY projects. I've seen this one all over pinterest and my friend has done an awesome chevron one, so I was excited to try my own!

Here's what you need:

Fabric covered bulletin

Materials:

bulletin board
fabric of your choice
adhesive spray
decorative nails
scissors
newspaper or other work surface
staple gun*

Directions:

1. Lay newspaper or over covering on the floor or table you are working on. I took my old bulletin I used for school to refurbish.

As you can see from the photo, the edge tore off, so I decided to cover the whole board. (If you want the wooden border, cut the fabric the size of the cork area only.)

I love the pattern and colors of this fabric!


2. Take your fabric, laying it over your bulletin making sure there's at least 1-2 inches border around it and cut accordingly.



3. Spray the front of the bulletin with the adhesive spray (make sure you work in a well ventilated area). Careful! My fingers got pretty sticky.  Quickly place fabric on the board smoothing out wrinkles (start from the center moving out)



4. Once the fabric was glued to the cork portion, I sprayed more adhesive on the border to secure the fabric. I folded the fabric back and used more adhesive on the back. If you have a staple gun (which I didn't have) you can staple the back to secure the fabric as well.


5. Take the decorative nails and push (or hammer) it into the corners of the board. The nail point sticks out slightly in the back so be careful! They were covered by my fabric so it wasn't a problem for me.



5. And voilà! Your fabric covered bulletin to use any way you want!




2 comments: