Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 9, 2013

School Post

School has been pretty hectic these days. Although it is stressful, there are those rare moments of the day when all the students are actually doing what they're supposed to. :)

One day I snapped some photos of my kids partner reading with each other. They were being so polite to each other and helping each other with words; it was so great. It was one of those rare moments I wish I could capture in a bottle.



We learned about contractions:

When I told them they could skip 8 years of medical school and be surgeons, they were so excited!


We also learned about homophones this week:



They've been working on autobiographies for Open House. It's taking a while because of editing, but hopefully we'll get them done! Here is an example from one of my students:

Isn't he adorable?! I love his spiky hair. :)



Yesterday was the last day of enrichment class. The students made bracelets and necklaces to raise money for Jump Rope for Heart. Having kindergartners were difficult, but it was actually pretty fun and the kids seemed to really enjoy it.

 One of my favorite  bracelets!

I let them keep one bracelet and we're selling the rest. We also made paper beads! The kids had a hard time rolling them tightly but they got the hang of it. It was the best day when they made these beads. They were so efficient and so determined to finish making them all (I cut at least 50 strips of paper).



I actually learned a new craft from this class! Making paper beads are easier than I thought. I can't wait to make more. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the cute jewelry! I bet they raise lots of funds. The paper beads are fantastic.
    It's so sweet when kiddos get along nicely and help each other. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cerise! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the telephone printable?

    ReplyDelete