Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break

It's already Wednesday, and it looks like I'll be spending the rest of it at home. I took my car to the shop and got a rent car (which was a pain yesterday) so I am trying to be cautious. That means I'll actually have to clean my apartment!


My break started off great with a brunch!

The teacups were the perfect touch!


I also went to the movies and saw Oz, which was good. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be (I guess I hyped it up in my mind too much), but I'm glad I finally got to watch it.




On Tuesday I did something VERY unexpected, for me at least. It's been a while since I've done anything on my 30 things at 30 list, so here goes:


27. Shoot a rifle 3-13-13



Guns are very foreign to me. Being a 2nd generation Korean girl who grew up in the suburbs, I did not even touch a real gun or rifle until yesterday. Of course I was terrified, but I actually tried the rifle, hand gun, and even a pistol.


Left: It's a smile of nervousness. Top right: Shooting close range with a hand gun. Bottom right: Step back Wrenn.. Kristin is packin'.


Here's a video Wrenn took of me with the rifle. Notice the laughter in the background. Thanks a lot Wrenn. :)




After about 30 minutes, I was ready to stop. I wish I could have tried skeet but I don't think I'm a  sharp shooter. This experience was enough to last me a lifetime. Thank you Frei (Rich) for teaching me the basics and a special thanks to Kristin and Wrenn for helping me cross another thing off my list!

Now I have 26 more things to check off by October 8th. I really need to hurry up. Hopefully the summer will give me lots of opportunities. Hmm, what should I try next?

1 comment:

  1. That brunch looks amazing! Ari throws such wonderful parties.
    Good for you crossing that off your list. I am terrified of guns...
    Love the idea of a birthday bucket list!

    ReplyDelete